Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE National Security Solutions is actively seeking applicants for Biological Scientist
Position Location: Washington, DC
Position Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: Biological Scientist level personnel should have a Ph.D. or Master’s degree from an accredited university in microbiology, molecular biology, or related course work in biological sciences with at least one (1) year of laboratory bench experience, utilizing PCR, aseptic techniques, and biological assays, and at least one (1) year of experience serving as a Senior Scientist or Team Leader of a laboratory team/project. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university requires four (4) years of laboratory bench experience, including at least one (1) year of experience as a Team Leader/Senior Scientist. BSL-3 experience is desirable.
PAE Position Description: The Biological Scientist - shall perform, at a minimum, the following tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the BioWatch standard operating procedures:
• Handling, receipt, and processing of operational, Quality Assurance (QA), and proficiency test (PT) samples potentially containing biological threat agents
• Performing non-research biological science work utilizing microbiological and molecular techniques, including, but not limited to, DNA extraction and real-time polymerase chain reaction (real-time PCR) to identify and characterize pathogenic bacterial and viral agents
• Preparing reagents and samples
• Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
• Decontamination of work spaces, including Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs), hoods/air boxes, equipment, and other items associated with processing and analysis activities
• Maintaining chain-of-custody
• Interpretation of results
• Data entry utilizing computerized or computer-linked systems
• Performing routine equipment calibration, cleaning, assembly, and maintenance
• Collecting, processing, and analyzing internal laboratory swipes/swabs for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and contamination monitoring
• Proper disposal of biohazardous waste
• Restocking and maintaining proper inventory of necessary supplies
• Supporting BW Program logistics in conducting and documenting annual inventory of DHS-procured durable equipment and property
• QA/QC and acceptance testing of reagents in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Laboratory Operations Quality Assurance Program Plan (QAPP)
• Adhering to QA/QC requirements in accordance with the Public Health Laboratory quality management systems and the QAPP
• Maintaining documentation of records demonstrating compliance with applicable training/retraining, competencies, and document reviews
• Analyzing routine external QA samples in accordance with the BW SOP’s and QA Program guidance
• Proper archiving, storage, and shipping of samples
• Demonstrating ability to follow and adhere to written procedures and accepted practices in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, safety, security and dress code policies, procedures, and guidelines, including DHS Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified (For Official Use Only) Information (January 2005) when visiting or working at Government facilities
• Preparing written and oral technical reports, answering questions, and making recommendations to the Lead Biological Scientist for inclusion in comprehensive reports
• Accurately performing work with confidence
• Demonstrating competency in various testing methodologies (e.g., multi-center studies), evaluating potential products and processes against unique environmental backgrounds, and meeting established deadlines
• Scheduled workdays include weekends and holidays
• Must be present for all hours of the workday and be available 24/7/365 in case of emergency.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.