Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Stack Developer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Full Stack Developer
Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Drupal Web Developer to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). In this position, you will have the opportunity to build new web applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes. You will build custom web applications to user specifications while working with other developers on the team. This position requires a degree of skill in custom web application development. OTI is a fast-paced, exciting office where you will have the opportunity to be part of an elite team on the cutting edge of emerging issues around the world.
- Produce project solutions within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through working sessions with IT Team and stakeholders
- Contribute to design meetings and make recommendations for new IT software initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Develop APIs as relating to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Work with end users to determine system requirements and updates
- Adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented, participate in the design of test plans
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Work with users to finalize system requirements and updates
- Support project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 1-4+ years of web development experience
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with additional work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), ability to adhere to coding and documentation standards
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL-MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Drupal 7 and 8
- Have worked with ticketing and version control services, e.g. Jira, Bitbucket/Github (Git)
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.