Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Macfadden is seeking interns for the summer 2019 term (June – August) , to support USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). Program Assistant interns will support OTI’s Field Programs Division, working in the Washington, DC headquarters. Interns can expect to have a substantive and rewarding experience as a part of OTI – interns are fully integrated into the OTI teams and are expected to perform as such.
The Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy. OTI provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs. Strategically designed for each unique situation, OTI has laid the foundation for long-term development by promoting reconciliation, jumpstarting local economies, supporting emerging independent media, and fostering peace and democracy through innovative programming. In countries transitioning from authoritarianism to democracy, from violence to peace, or following a fragile peace, OTI’s programs serve as catalysts for positive political change.
Macfadden is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. The M&E Intern would be part of the Applied Best Practices and Coordination (ABC) Team, which sits within the Program, Learning and Innovation (PLI) division of OTI. The ABC Team supports a model of organizational learning across the office towards continually improving country program effectiveness. OTI’s M&E staff contribute to this effort by providing technical support to programs on the design, implementation, and management of M&E systems. The M&E Intern will work with other M&E staff to offer innovative solutions that are adapted to OTI’s fast-paced global needs; consolidate, curate and share M&E resources with the office; develop and facilitate learning and training events; and provide support services. Monitoring and Evaluation is an integral part of the ABC team.
Macfadden is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Intern to support the ABC Team. The individual will provide support to program management, analysis, planning and advocacy as a member of the ABC Team. Duties include:
- Document innovative M&E practices; assist with review and dissemination to relevant audiences;
- Track changes to USAID’s M&E policy and processes;
- Contribute to requests for information on OTI’s approach to M&E, including training requests;
- Support members of the M&E team;
- Assist with knowledge management of OTI initiatives;
- Respond to ad hoc M&E support requests from program teams;
- Participate in internal and external meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- All candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled and in good standing in accredited Bachelor’s program and one year of work experience or
- Be enrolled in a Master's degree program and have at least one year of work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to complete tasks independently and work within a larger team structure;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure situations under short deadlines;
- Experience and/or coursework in designing, implementing, or managing M&E systems or processes;
- Experience working in, or coursework focusing on, countries undergoing political transition;
- Experience with complexity-aware M&E is a plus;
- International experience or foreign language skills are a plus;
- Experience with statistical analyses including multivariate analyses, factor analysis, reliability analysis is a plus;
- Experience with systems thinking approaches, for example social network analysis is a plus;
- Experience in qualitative analysis is a plus;
- Experience and/or coursework focus on the following themes is a plus: political socialization (i.e., youth-related, civic education), sociology of religion, behavior change theories, and more generally public opinion change.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.