Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
- Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents; summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files; performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery); indexes, tracks, and controls exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
- Prepares exhibit cross-references.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria. Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
- May have a role involving special knowledge and skills, such as litigation, document analysis or accounting.
- Litigation specialty supports attorneys during trial, including courtroom locations.
- Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Requires Paralegal Certificate and 2 years of experience in the required specialty, such as litigation, document analysis, or accounting. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted for the Paralegal Certificate.
- For litigation specialty experience in trial support, cite checking legal motions and memoranda, and automated litigation support is required.
- Must have and use excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Requires thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw, Concordance or Recommind; experience documenting Table of Authorities, and Table of Contents.
- Role also requires knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs, and Adobe Professional, or newer program, to include redacting and redlining expertise. In addition, must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.