Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Macfadden is seeking a Personal Services Contracts (PSC) Coordinator supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). The PSC Coordinator will be providing support to the PSC Contracts Team. The USAID/OFDA PSC Contracts Team provides support in the negotiation, award, and administration of US Personal Services Contractors (USPSCs) in accordance with Federal and Agency acquisition and assistance rules, regulations, policies and procedures to effectively maintain OFDA’s long term workforces and surge capacities. The PSC Coordinator reports directly to the PSC Contracts Team Lead and Deputy Team Lead, or their designees, and assists with a variety of tasks across the team’s portfolio (see specific key responsibilities, below).
- Providing administrative support to PSC Contracts Team.
- Assisting new Personal Services Contractors with onboarding.
- Distributing copies of the fully executed contract documents.
- Developing a general understanding of applicable agency rules/regulations, applicable forms and documentation.
- Maintaining relationships within the client organization.
- Communicating with senior clients, OFDA staff, and PSC candidates
- Monitoring email traffic and maintaining a high level of responsiveness.
- Proofreading documents and minimizing basic errors.
- Maintaining files, databases and trackers via prompt updates and ad-hoc quality control reviews/spot-checks.
- Producing materials for meetings.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Minimum one (1) year of related experience; specific experience working within government or USAID is a plus, but not a requirement.
Successful candidates must be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and able to excel in a deadline-oriented work environment. S/he will exemplify the following skills:
- Communications. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must communicate with clients, team members, and other stakeholders in the contracting process.
- Technology. Computer proficiency is required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite in a network environment (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), G Suite (Docs, Sheets) as well as email and internet-based applications. Basic understanding of database applications/concepts is a plus.
- Professionalism. Responsive, calm, friendly, and customer service-oriented with the ability to build relationships.
- Organization. Process-oriented, efficient, and highly organized with attention to detail. Must be able to balance priorities and manage multiple work streams.
- Reliability. The ability to maintain focus, complete tasks independently as assigned, and execute recurring tasks (maintain trackers, distributions, etc.) with minimal prompting.
- Growth. Demonstrating eagerness to learn and grow in the role.
Job Skills and Quality of Work
- Provides support to the PSC Contracts Team.
The PSC Coordinator must demonstrate good judgement and an understanding of when to seek additional information in order to support the PSC contracting process. The PSC Coordinator must demonstrate the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and do all the needful to maintain files, trackers, databases, and other items on which the team and other stakeholders rely. The PSC Coordinator will start recognizing cues that trigger certain actions and respond accordingly in a prompt manner.
- Is responsive and consistently meets deadlines.
The PSC Coordinator must demonstrate effective time-management skills, as well the ability to respond to a high volume of daily email and verbal requests.
- Understands Client relationship and handles communications effectively and appropriately.
The coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The PSC Coordinator should also be able to convey current and accurate onboarding information when facilitating onboarding tasks for new hires.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.