Planned Systems International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Planned Systems International
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Data Engineers are responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure that enables almost every other function in the data world. They are responsible for the development, construction, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in building scalable data platforms that enable business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. You must have strong, hands-on technical expertise in a variety of technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust, scalable solutions.
As a Data Engineer, your primary role will be to design and build data pipelines to meet overall architecture requirements. You will be focused on helping client projects on data collection, integration, prep/transformation, and implementing services such as data processing and/or machine learning on datasets. In this role, you will work on both traditional and on some of the latest technologies, collaborate with teams for data pipelines and delivery, interact daily with management, and help build a great program of operations. Chosen team member will be part of the core team and play a critical role in supporting external operations.
- Build and automate data pipelines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team assigned to design and implement data collection, integration, and transformation solutions.
- Learn quickly ability to understand and rapidly comprehend new areas functional and technical and apply detailed and critical thinking to customer solutions.
- Propose design solutions and recommend best practices for large scale data analysis.
- Meet the data needs of Data Scientists
- B.S. or equivalent degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant fields
- 3-7 years of hands-on experience in ETL, Data warehouse, Data Marts, Visualization and/or building data pipelines, modeling and designing schema for data lakes or for data platforms
- Strong programming and scripting skills experience and expertise in two or more of the following: Java, XML/XSLT, Python, Perl, Shell Scala, C
- Proficient in big data/distributed computing frameworks such as Spring, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Practice working with, processing, and managing large data sets (multi TB/PB scale)
- Experience with Agile implementation methodologies
- Must have TS/SCI CI POLY
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.