Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pragmatics, inc
# of openings:
Job Description: Business Analyst (Position available upon award of work)
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst with experience supporting large enterprise data warehouse/ analytics data-driven environment. The Business Analyst will participate in the requirements gathering process to elicit business, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze requirements to ensure completeness, correctness and consistency in the context of the application under consideration, and create/document testable requirements, in sufficient details
- Provide input in the prioritization of requirements to be delivered in a sprint or release
- Create/Maintain requirements document(s) and related artifacts such as Change Requests, User stories, Use Cases, as required by customer’s SDLC processes and standards
- Provide Business Analysis support to multiple projects/applications
- Work collaboratively with development and test teams to ensure that the right product is built in the right way
- Interface with the customer stakeholder organization and other contractors as necessary to effectively perform business analysis tasks
- Closely work with business unit in gathering requirements and work with architects and developers in translating requirements to tactical activities.
- Experience working in Data Warehouse environment
- Expertise in MS Office, Visio
- Experience working in water fall and Agile project environments/methodologies
- Experience in working on ALM tools such as IBM-Jazz
- Able to lead requirements sessions with the customer
- Expertise in creating Requirement documents, user stories and use cases
- Experience collecting requirements for data warehouse
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field and 5 - 7 years of BA experience or Masters degree and 3 to 5 years of BA experience
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI® Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity