Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pragmatics, inc
# of openings:
For more than three decades, Pragmatics has provided clients with award-winning customer service and expert solutions to complex challenges. Since 1985, Pragmatics has maintained a sterling reputation as a trusted, capable and innovative solutions provider.
Pragmatics’ industry-leading experts currently deliver high-impact solutions to a portfolio of 25 major information technology contracts with a range of defense and civilian agencies . These include the Defense Information Systems Agency; the Departments of the Army, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, and Treasury; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; the General Services Administration; and several intelligence agencies. Pragmatics is proud of its ability to support our clients in achieving success in their important missions, and we look forward to continuing to provide them with the highest level of service.
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a .Net Developer to support our government customer.
The .Net Developer will develop full stack solutions for our internal and client-facing web applications, as well as suggest design improvements for existing functionality.
This involves being comfortable with the design process at all stages, often starting with informal white-board discussions through to finished product. The candidate should be enthusiastic about gathering feedback to maximize ease of use throughout the application.
Must be a team player. This means having great interpersonal skills and working well with others as well as having a collaborative work style. You will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Assist in analyzing systems requirements and in developing detailed design specifications
- Perform system development, testing, and deployment
- Provide maintenance and operations support for applications and resolve technical issues
- Troubleshoot performance issues and interact with other development teams
- Participate in meetings with clients and/or other contractors as needed
- Share best practices, lessons learned and knowledge with the team
- Four plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, Web API, SQL Server, SOAP, and REST
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, and Dependency Injection
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
- Experience working on ALM tools such as Jazz, TFS or Atlassian
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience in Financial regulatory industry and/or Federal Government
- Experience developing multi-tier enterprise applications
- Solid understanding of Application security requirements
- Experience in SharePoint Administration is a plus
- Database design experience
- Comfortable with a CSS framework, preferably Bootstrap
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S. degree and 5+ years of systems development experience
- 4+ years’ of experience in Microsoft development technologies
- 2+ years’ experience with complex SQL, T-SQL, and SQL Server stored procedures
- Must Be US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust
Pragmatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pragmatics prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Pragmatics will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if it can do so without undue hardship.