Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pragmatics, inc
# of openings:
For more than three decades, Pragmatics has provided clients with award-winning customer service and expert solutions to complex challenges. Since 1985, Pragmatics has maintained a sterling reputation as a trusted, capable and innovative solutions provider.
Pragmatics’ industry-leading experts currently deliver high-impact solutions to a portfolio of 25 major information technology contracts with a range of defense and civilian agencies . These include the Defense Information Systems Agency; the Departments of the Army, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, and Treasury; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; the General Services Administration; and several intelligence agencies. Pragmatics is proud of its ability to support our clients in achieving success in their important missions, and we look forward to continuing to provide them with the highest level of service.
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager to support a Federal Customer.
Position description. Serves as a project manager and management consultant, providing management support, process improvements, and management solutions to the customer organization. Work areas for this position include staffing analysis, financial management, schedule analysis, risk analysis, meeting facilitation, inter-team collaboration, and quality assurance. Management tasks include ensuring compliance with the agency's formal software development life cycle (SDLC). The SDLC includes formal, contractual requirements related to required software documentation, life-cycle milestone reviews, and software configuration management. Management Analyst will ensure adherence to all agency standards for software development and O&M. Management Analyst will align management practices with PMBOK, including risk analysis, schedule, performance measurement, quality assurance, and personnel management. Management Analyst will comply with all customer reporting requirements, including weekly status reporting and written monthly reports. Management Analyst will comply with Pragmatics policies and standard practices, including policies and processes defined according to CMMI Level 5 and ISO 9001. Management Analyst will have a dual reporting requirement, reporting to both the Contracting Officer's Representative and internally to the Pragmatics PM. Management Analyst works at the agency location full-time in Washington DC. Telework routine is not available for this position.
- 10 years of experience on software projects in any technical or management role, such as software development, software testing, or project coordinator
- 5 years of experience on software projects in a leadership role, including deputy manager, section leader, or team leader
- 3 years of experience serving as project manager on a federal government project staffed with at least 10 software practitioners and testers
- 3 years of experience working on a software project governed by a formal, agency-level SDLC, where the project was staffed by at least 10 people
- Ability to verify effective implementation of best software practices, including traditional SDLC milestone reviews, requirements definition, design, development, and testing
- 5 years of experience with financial management
- Ability to work closely with key client stakeholders to keep them aware of project and team status.
- Ability to verify effective project implementation of modern software tools such Microsoft .NET, Team Foundation Server, Jazz, and Microsoft Project
- Experience using Microsoft Project to plan and implement software projects
- Full proficiency using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to plan and lead productive customer meetings including agenda preparation and doing all necessary planning to cover all required topics
- Ability to plan and lead productive team meetings including agenda preparation, action-item tracking, and delegating action items appropriately
- Ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations using PowerPoint. Typical presentations are customer reviews and Pragmatics internal project reviews.
- Ability to accurately evaluate individual and team performance. Ability to recognize areas for improvement and take decisive action to make improvements.
- Experience managing larger projects of at least 10 software practitioners and testers
- Certification as Agile Scrum Master
- Formal training in Agile software practices
- Experience working a software project using Agile software practices
- Experience working on software modernization
- PMI-PMP certification (even if not current)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field related to software project management including computer science, information systems, or business administration
- 10 years (total) of experience with a bachelor's degree or 8 years (total) of experience with a master's degree.
- 6 years of experience as a supervisor
Clearance. Candidate must be US Citizen and able to qualify for an agency-level Public Trust.
Pragmatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pragmatics prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Pragmatics will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if it can do so without undue hardship.