Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Worker I Productivity
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Part Time Regular
- US-DC-Bolling AFB
- Additional Information
- This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
JOB TITLE: Store Worker, Shelf Stocker
SCA OCCUP: 21140 Store Worker 1
SALARY GRADE: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
APPROVAL DATE: January 2012
Under close supervision, the Store Worker performs stocking and cleaning tasks at a customer location whose primary function is the resale of merchandise in a retail environment, such as a commissary on a military base. Using non-motorized equipment, the Store Worker I moves merchandise intended for display and resale purposes, and displays it using a predetermined placement system of labels or other marks.
- *Stocks merchandise on shelves.
- *Rearranges misplaced product.
- *Removes excess and damaged products, debris and cardboard.
- *Straightens merchandise in a display sales area for a neat, full, salable appearance
- *Rotating merchandise to maintain freshness and sale dates.
- *Removing damaged or outdated merchandise.
- *Returns excess merchandise to storage.
- *Cleans, dusts shelves & product on or in display fixtures using various techniques common to the retail trade.
- *Performs wet or dry clean-up.
- *Ensures excellent customer service to customers with merchandise location or selection.
- *May operate a manual pallet jack, flat-bed/U-Boat cart.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Follow instructions using structured process and procedures;
- Identify and work with appropriate tools/equipment;
- Flexibility of schedule changes, work duration and tasks;
- Availability to work evenings;
- Basic math to report quantities and determine placement of stock;
- Ability to interpret stock labels, shelf labels, date codes, and rotate stock appropriately;
- Ability to work collaboratively with management, employees, customers, vendors and demonstrate good customer service.
- Ability to manage and accurately track time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, reaching
- Lifting (equipment, supplies, tools) up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Pushing/Pulling (equipment, materials)
- Grasp small & large objects (box cutter, spray bottle, brushes, tape, duster, towels, cart, jack, stool, boxes, pallets)
- Climbing stairs/standing on platforms (ladders, step stools, rolling stairs)
- Noise exposure (equipment, others working)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed at a customer’s location in a commissary environment.
NOTE: Pay is typically based on productivity.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.