Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Operations Manager
- Job ID
ProSphere is seeking a technically-seasoned Sr. Datacenter Ops Manager with enterprise-level experience managing a team of engineers within a 24x7x365 datacenter environment. A successful candidate will not only be responsible for providing end-to-end infrastructure services and support, but providing additional guidance to the client leadership team in improving IT services within the environment, and architecting solutions to help solve their business problems.
The candidate will be responsible for tracking projects tasked to direct reports, and ensuring overall customer success in timely milestone delivery and project completion. The Sr. Datacenter Operations Manager will work directly with the customer and multiple customer facing teams within the environment, to provide technical and operational insight on projects/tasks/incidents. The candidate will be responsible for all core activities involving in migration to a public cloud infrastructure, primarily with Office 365 for U.S. Government, as well as Azure Government Community Cloud. Last, but not least, the candidate must be able to assist the customer in budgeting/planning infrastructure from a long-term mindset/roadmap (1 year / 3 year / 5 year).
This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Plan and oversee strategic, operational, and administrative aspects to the federal customer (including programs, projects, and day to day operational support of the infrastructure).
- Manage a team of engineers in ensuring milestone/project success, as well as operational day-to-day tasks (“keeping the lights on”).
- Maintain on-site Datacenter infrastructure and networking infrastructure, as well as remote disaster recovery datacenter. Be able to manage and upgrade device firmware as they become available. Requires hands on knowledge in:
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco Networking
- Juniper Networking
- Retain working knowledge of the technology environment in use as well as working relationships with the functional area experts.
- Ensure and track availability of data, server, and network services to meet defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs), as well as create reporting to display SLA criteria using existing toolset (Solarwinds Orion, Microsoft SCCM, Maas360).
- Deploy/Modify/Create policy documentation to adhere to controls required for ATO completion of Office 365 and Azure to the customer environment.
- Deploy controls within the government computing infrastructure and Office365/Azure to adhere to FISMA/FEDRAMP moderate requirements.
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain, support and administer future cloud infrastructure within Microsoft Azure.
- Develop operational excellence, including continuous improvement initiatives to lead an improved operational framework.
- Ensure the readiness of disaster recovery environments for all supported applications.
- Ensure the team establishes functional and technical designs in compliance with IT enterprise standards
- Work to build and maintain relationships across the organization on architectural directions and technologies
- Educate Technology and Business groups on the architectural aspects and implications of technical and functional decisions
- Provide planning, design, implementation, testing, and fielding support for telecommunications, VoIP, and/or unified communications systems
- Provide operational support and routine maintenance of all systems by managing a team of engineers and system administrators to ensure that deliverables and tasks are met on time to include but not limited to: performing backups, usage monitoring, release management, mobile device management, system administration, etc.
- Work as part of an on-call rotation with the engineering staff, in ensuring 24x7x365 for all critical business applications, past core-hours.
- Bachelor of Science degree required -- Computer Science, MIS, Math or Engineering degree commensurate with experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing an IT infrastructure
- Fluent understanding of the entire Microsoft ecosystem of applications, from Active Directory, to NPS, to Exchange/SharePoint
- Fluent understanding of virtualization, preferably VMWare or Hyper-V
- 3+ years in architecting and managing a 24x7x365 datacenter environment, from routing/switching to core infrastructure stack
- 3+ years of Datacenter networking experience, including configuration management and firmware management
- 3+ years of Cloud Infrastructure architecture and management, preferably in Microsoft Azure
- 2+ years managing a team of individuals, setting/tracking their goals to ensure their success in future development
- Experience in monitoring and tracking network and system health, at an enterprise-level (Solarwinds)
- Ability to create and present a business plan/proposal for new technologies to deploy
- Broad understanding of multiple database and warehouse technologies, integration methodologies and best practice implementations
- Must be able to lead multi-functional work teams
- Certification/Experience in IT Service Management is a plus, preferably ITILv3 or Project management experience (PMP)
- Communications skills with Lines of Business / C-level staff, as well as other technical and non- technical staff is a must
- Must be able to create enterprise-level documentation and diagrams for existing and future-state implementations
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
- Government Contractor sector experience desired
- Ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time
- Able to lift, carry, move, load and unload heavy objects (up to 50 pounds)
ProSphere offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.