PSI Pax, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Program Manager, Acceleration Market Group
at PSI Pax, Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Country Program Operations
- Position Location: City
- Washington, DC
- Washington, DC
- Position Location: Country
- United States
Job title: Senior Program Manager
Department: Operations Cone
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 20% international travel
Reports to the Director, Acceleration Markets
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Sr. Program Manager will support the Director of Acceleration Markets to establish and set up the team that will support the Department. He/She will be the lead focal point for program and operational oversight of PSI in Bangladesh; PMT recruitment, development and management; department financial and program system oversight; new business development; leading or supporting roll-out of global and regional initiatives; other cross-cutting operational issues while providing support to the program management function.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Serve as Bangladesh’s country lead, responsible for establishment of PSI registration and operations in Bangladesh, including recruitment and supervision of international and host country national staff;
- Serve as the relationship manager with SMC in Bangladesh with responsibility for technical service provision, project deliverables and reporting;
- Support the recruitment, onboarding and management of the DC-based PMT, including direct supervision of direct reports;
- Oversee monthly and quarterly financial and health impact reporting systems, including management of the Annual Operating Budget and labor budgeting process;
- Manage preparing and tracking budgets and program expenditures for regional and key strategic programs;
- Provide coordination and support to New Business Development for the department including taking the lead on NBD opportunities as assigned, supporting strategy development and participating in blue and/or red team reviews, budget reviews and recruitment and selection of key personnel;
- Support Network Members (NM) and Independent Network Members (INMs) in addressing STEPS standards;
- Support NMs and INMs in realization of 2020 Operational Plans;
- Support global and departmental initiative development and roll-out;
- Support use of Sharepoint for developing internal strategy awareness and understanding;
- Support D-Tracker for improved performance report management at the regional and global level.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree (MBA, MPA) with emphasis in marketing, business, communication, or a related field preferred;
- At least ten years of professional experience in operations and management, including field experience in a developing country (experience in AEE preferred);
- Significant experience in developing and monitoring budgets; experience with pay for performance awards a plus;
- Experience in supporting country office operations, including registration set up and ensuring legal and tax compliance;
- Ability to develop partnerships with internal senior management, external donors, and NGOs;
- Ability to develop strong relations with PSI Regional Directors and other organizational senior leaders;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to inspire and motivate teams using tact and talent vs. authority;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, a self-starter;
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of time within the AEE region; and
- Fluency in English required.
- The successful canddiate will be required to pass a background check.
- References will be required.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
What would get us excited?
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.