Quicken Loans Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Government Relations Intern - Fall 2019 - Washington, DC
at Quicken Loans Inc
The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We’re united by our culture – a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job – it’s about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
The Government Relations Intern works closely with full-time Government Affairs team members to make an impact on our public policy teams. This team member uses their communication and management skills to take detailed notes at hearings and summarize how upcoming bills could affect the Rock Family of Companies.
- Assist the Government Relations team with a variety of tasks, such as summarizing bills and proposed rules
- Attend government hearings and take detailed notes
- Draft internal emails with political and policy updates on issues impacting the state of Michigan, the city of Detroit and the U.S. government
- Stay on top of policy issues that could affect the Rock Family of Companies
- Research policy issues and public officials
- Contact individuals that work with local, state and federal government relations
- Pursuing a master’s a degree in public policy, economics or a related field strongly preferred
- Prior experience in public policy or government affairs strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with team members and outside contacts of all levels
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong organizational skills
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 – 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.
The Rock Family of Companies uses world-class recruiting and talent management teams to help each member organization recruit the best and brightest. If you’re looking for the next step in your career, you’ve come to the right place.