Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agile Engagement Lead - Active Top Secret Clearance
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Remote base
- Continental USA
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Be the lead of an Open Innovation Labs (Labs) residency and create the catalyst for large-scale transformations the open source way. The Red Hat Labs team is looking for an Agile Engagement Lead with an active Top Secret clearance to join our North America (NA) team. In this role, you will serve as one of the experienced agile coaches who have lead agile transformations and can coach and build relationships with new product owners. You will not only serve as the agile project manager in our residencies, but also as the catalyst of these transformations. Bearing this in mind, you should feel comfortable working with C-level executives to support their business goals and equally comfortable running workshops and putting together strategic proposals that support these transformation initiatives. You'll support everything from the selling and scoping of the Labs residencies and projects to leading the delivery team's implementation and ensuring customer success. As an Agile Engagement Lead, you will manage the life cycle of a residency or project from start to closeout, including determining scope details and monitoring the project’s progress to ensure that it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Learn quickly, from how our customers use Red Hat’s solutions, to how to position Labs to our public sector customers; experience with our technology platform and methodology is not required
Within 2 months, you should be prepared to lead a residency team by acquiring the following:
- Be able to partner with customers to lead them through an agile transformation
- Coach and enable delivery teams on modern application design and development practices
- Support teams in creating product vision and roadmap, writing effective user stories and prioritizing backlog based on business value (in Jira)
- Apply your understanding of residency planning and management, team management, process management and improvement, and team building skills
- Develop understanding of how Red Hat platform technologies work and are positioned in the market
Within 6 months, you should be ready to lead a larger Labs engagement project and support the sales process by attaining the following:
- Become an agent of change for customer organizations
- Innovate on our current thinking and develop new approaches to change how organizations and teams deliver software and systems
- Create solid relationships with customers and partners
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Red Hat’s departments and serve as a trusted adviser to major Red Hat’s customers
- Support presales and scoping of consulting solutions as well as sales and business development for the Labs
- Integrate creative and innovative ways to position a strategic direction
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Expertise delivering business value through experience working as a product designer, product manager, or in a professional services role using methodologies like design thinking and lean
- 5+ years of experience working as a scrum master with a scrum coaching mentality in a 100% agile environment with an organization that ships software offerings
- Great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak in public and present in front of customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussions to explore best possible solutions
- Ability to lead with imagination, courage, and curiosity
- Understanding of the Red Hat’s business strategy and economic model; good business insight and judgment
- Knowledge of project management processes and experience with revenue-based project reporting
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Bachelor's degree or MBA is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.