Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Responsible for advancing and securing sales in the market, performs functions to secure new business accounts and service the needs of the existing sales accounts with an assigned territory.
No Relocation Assistance Provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to promote and sell the organization's products within an assigned geographic area, product range, or list of customer accounts to meet sales targets.
- Pursue sales leads, personally visits existing and new customers, assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services, prepares price quotations, delivery dates and service obligations to meet established revenue targets.
- Develop sales skills and knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customers by working closely with a more experienced sales representative.
- Familiarizes existing and new customers with new products and market developments.
- May troubleshoot and handle customer related inquiries.
- Keeps information on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Informs company of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- Assist in training and educating the sales staff.
- Assists the marketing department with pricing for non-mainstream items.
- Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university preferred; two years or more related experience, preferably one to two in wine sales with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, write simple correspondence, and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in written, oral, or diagram form), and to deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Requires a current, valid state driver's license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tools & Technology:
- Tools: Desktop computers; Laser Printers; Notebook computers; Personal computers.
- Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.