Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Application Engineer
at Schneider Electric
You will be involved in the design and implementation of electrical control solutions for automated machinery and discreet industrial processes primarily in the automotive industry. You will demonstrate excellent communication and relationship skills while delivering high quality solutions to our customers.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
• Develop PLC programs in Unity Pro (ladder diagram, structured text, function block diagram, and sequential function chart).
• Convert SE PLC (SyMax, Premium, Quantum, Momentum, 984) programs in Concept, PL7 Pro, and ProWorx software into Unity Pro M340 and M580 programs.
• Migrate Rockwell, Siemens, GE, and other PLC manufacturers' programs into Unity Pro M340 and M580 programs.
• Provide technical direction for complete project development
• Support project management with maintaining project scope, schedule, and budget on assigned projects.
• Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Interface with customer in determining/obtaining approval of proposed design, scheduling, and technical issues throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.
• Document proposed requirements specifications, designs, and implementations.
• Recommend and implement improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters.
• Support FATs, customer start-up services, troubleshooting, and informal training of commissioned systems
This job might be for you if:
• College or Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and commissioning HMI/PLC/VFD applications, especially with Schneider Electric products
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP and Ethernet IP
• Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into a packaged solution
• Experience with the Industrial applications including Automotive and W/WW are highly desirable
• Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft operating systems and software applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively alone and in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
• Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++) and HTML development is preferred
• Stable work history
• Willingness to travel to customer sites (approximately 30-40%)
• OSHA and TWIC certification a plus
T his position requires presence at customer sites, and as such, the candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required include, but are not limited to, driver's license, passport, Homeland Security clearance, drug and alcohol screen, background checks, and credit checks.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.