Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the project's objectives. S/he works closely with the Project Operations Team to define the project objectives, create a plan and for and executing the plan to achieve those objectives. The Project Manager has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project deliverables are created and in which they will be used. S/he may also assist in the strategic planning for the department. The Project Manager must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment.
Responsible for compliance of Schneider Electric Quality Standards and Processes
1. Responsible for meeting the scope, schedule, resource and budget commitments reflected in the Project Management Plan.
-Responsible for overall project (Gross Margin) profitability
- Obtains, organizes, and maintains all project contract documents
- Receive, organize, and review information from the salesperson or project development team
- Prepares project billing revenue forecasts and schedule of values
2. Lead the project management team in developing and managing the Project Management Plan within the constraints established and approved by the Project Sponsor.
- Obtain, organize, and maintain all project contract documents in accordance with Schneider Electric quality policy
- Coordinates project in accordance with contract documents and approved sales estimate
- Schedule and conduct all project construction meetings
- Material procurement
-Review and approve design, commissioning and installation plans
3. Implement and enforce change control over project scope, schedule, resources, and budget.
4. Collaborate with functional managers and/or organizational management to obtain adequate resources with appropriate skills to staff the project team.
- Manages resources by planning, scheduling, and forecasting manpower and resource requirements
- Interview, hire, train, mentor, evaluate, and when necessary, terminate project personnel or make related recommendation in accordance with company policies
5. Manage the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside of the project team's scope of responsibility.
6. Continually identify and proactively manage project risks & issues, ensure execution of corrective action plans up to closure.
- Reviews and approves material and subcontract invoices for payment
- Prepares and delivers final project closure and documentation to customers and ensures final payment
-Management of and responsibility for project change order log
7. Monitor the project and report the project status to the management on a regular basis.
- Prepare and update project schedule and cost re-estimates on a routine basis
8. SCOPE: Medium projects, regional or global projects, high need for coordination, medium project team
Education/Certification Required: Technical degree, or experience
* Project Manager II role is expected to have, or to begin completing their Professional Project Manager Certification/PMI Certification
Experience Required: Five toEight years related work experience, experience leading/directing project teams a plus
Understanding of and proficient in project management skills
Working knowledge of ISO requirements
Excellent time management and organization skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Professional Scheduling Programs
Financial acumen and understanding
Excellent customer service
Leadership skills: team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus
Thorough understanding of contract procedures and tactics
Advanced knowledge of contract law, codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge
Strong written and verbal communication skills
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.