Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Cemetery Maintenance
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Custodial Technican at Joseph Gawler's Sons Funeral Home in Washington, Washington, DC. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Cleans facility rooms and furnishings. Follows established policies and procedures to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and waxes the floors, stairs and other surfaces inside the facility.
- Ensures that all entrances are clean and maintained appropriately for the public
- Vacuums carpet and cleans furniture in offices, rooms and public areas.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and cleans and polishes glass surfaces.
- Straightens and rearranges furniture as needed.
- Collects and disposes of trash and debris inside the facility.
- Checks for and replaces burned out light bulbs.
- Cleans restrooms which include scrubbing toilets and sinks, cleaning handicap bar, sweeping, mopping, cleaning grout and replenishing supplies.
- Maintains all facial tissue dispensers and water dispensers; replenishes used supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and cleaning solutions; orders supplies or advise management of need to re-order
- May assist in setup and arranging for chapel services.
- May assist in delivering floral tributes to visitation areas and chapel.
- Notifies Location Management of any emergency maintenance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent
- Entry-level position. No previous experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to operate simple cleaning machines
- Knowledge of general cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to identify cleaning compounds and solutions
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V