Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Structural Engineer
at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Incorporated
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries. SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington DC
Our Washington, DC Structures Division is currently looking to hire a structural engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ industry experience. The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation.
- Work on a wide range of structural-engineering analysis and design projects involving steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Implement design or analysis tasks using a variety of building codes.
- Assist in the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Assist in construction-administration phase of projects.
- Plan and conduct site investigations to document existing conditions.
- Help mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Interact with the client within context of project work.
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional recognition.
- Interest and ability to co-publish articles/papers.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in structural design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood frame structures. Proficiency with behavior and performance of materials.
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Professional Engineering License preferred or ability to obtain within one-year.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD or Revit. Experience with Rhino, Sketchup, Solidworks, or similar programs are a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software
- Ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation, and if applicable, an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. SGH considers all qualified applicants, and we encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.