So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinician at O Street Clinic
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
Clinician at O Street Clinic
|Department:||Behavioral Health Services|
|Location:||Washington , DC|
SOME seeks a sharp and compassionate Behavioral Health Services (BHS) Clinician. This position will be located at SOME’s 60 O Street NW Clinic.
Position Description: Unitizes evidence based best practice to provide behavioral health and SUD (Substance Use Disorder) assessments and brief interventions to patients referred by Medical & BHS; promotes care integration between Medical & Behavioral Health Services. Provides individual SUD counseling groups and therapy for co-occurring disorders.
Required: Master's Degree with 2yrs experience providing services in addiction treatment and mental health; experience providing services to underprivileged populations.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Social Work; LICSW; 3-5yrs experience providing services in addiction treatment and mental health; experience providing behavioral health services in a primary care setting; experience working with homeless population.
Required License/Certification: LISW or LGSW by the District of Columbia Department of Health; CPR/First Aid Certified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of mental health & substance abuse issues.
- Strong clinical skills including assessments & diagnosis, motivational interviewing, dual diagnosis treatment & trauma informed.
- Experience with or ability to learn brief interventions for behavioral issues in primary care.
- Case Management: Work with clients to assess financial eligibility which includes Medicaid. Assessment of bio-psycho-social needs and linkage to internal and external resources.
- Group and Individual Meetings: Participate in weekly case review meetings with providers. Facilitating group and individual sessions with clients. Creating an engaging and welcoming culture at these meetings is a must.
- Documentation: Documenting interactions, assessments, and treatment planning with each client is required. This ensures that the client is getting the level of service s/he needs and also used to support our requirements to our funding sources.
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health Services, O Street
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.