So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
|Location:||Washington, DC, DC|
2018’s Best Place to Work in Washington, D.C. Some Inc., seeks a Education Coordinator in our Family Service program.
Position Description: Provides a focus on education within Family Services. Provides academic consultation to individuals and families in all family housing programs and provides educational training and resources to Family Services staff and residents. Provide oversight and instruction of the SPFK programs and tutors.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree; 2-4 years case management experience with educational programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in Education, Special Education, Early Childhood Development or related field; 4-6 years in case management experience; 2+ years experience with educational programs and the DC Public School System; previous supervisory experience.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00am to 4:30pm (some flexibility)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of navigating DC Public Schools, Charter schools and Private school systems
- Knowledge and understanding of grades K-12 and special education
- Knowledge of laws and legal rights of students and parents and the effect of families (i.e. McKinney, Vento, IDEA, etc.)
- Knowledge of 504 planning and IEP process as well as know how to advocate for needed accommodations for children impacted
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through until task completion.
- Ability to identify the educational needs of others, developing formal education or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others
- Ability to develop strategies or programs for students with special needs
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to establish and adhere to strong professional boundaries
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Reports to: Education & Engagement Director
Closing date: Opened Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States.