So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Major Gifts Officer
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
Major Gifts Officer
|Location:||Washington, DC, DC|
2018’s Top Place to Work in DC., Some Inc., seeks a Major Gifts Officer.
***Please submit a cover letter with resume and application***
Position Description: Responsible for facilitating gifts of $10,000+ to further SOME’s mission. In collaboration with the CDO, create and implement strategies to expand and grow individual major donors, planned giving and monthly giving donors. Build and steward relationships with current supporters, and research, identify, and solicit new sources of major support.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years experience in non profit major gift fundraising
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, 5 years experience in demonstrated successful major gifts development and management.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (some flexibility)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communications with demonstrated fundraising ability
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to interpret and analyze donor research
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
Fundraising Responsibilities and Management:
- Prepare written development plans and comprehensive moves management plans in a database for approximately 150 current and new major gifts individual to achieve budget goals.
- Collaborate with CDO in developing, planning and executing comprehensive strategies for successful cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Research and identify new prospects and develop strategic cultivation and solicitation plans.
- Research and identify current donors with capacity to give at major gifts levels and develop strategic cultivation and solicitation moves management plans.
- Create, implement and manage four major donor mailings per year.
- Provide leadership in developing planned giving and sustainer giving programs
Reports to: Chief Development and Communications Officer
Closing date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States.