So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
|Location:||Washington, DC, DC|
SOME, Inc. exist to help the homeless and poor of Washington, DC. With over 30 programs though out DC, we provide a wide spectrum of services to the most vulnerable individuals and families of our city. We strive to provide success paths toward mental and physical health, continued sobriety, job training and employment with a living wage, affordable housing, and ultimately living independently and confidently. Everyone deserves access to healthcare and the ability to lead a healthy life.
SOME Inc. seeks an Office Manager for our Facilities Department. This position will work out of two locations: The Conway Center, located in NE Washington, DC and our 60 "O" Street office in NW, Washington, DC.
Position Description: Provides oversight for administrative and office management functions. Provides administrative support for the Executive Director and for administrative departments including Finance, Human Resources and Development.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm (40 hours/week)
Required: High School or GED; 3 years with administrative experience and supervisory experience
Preferred: Associate's Degree; 3-5 years Administrative, Business or Communication experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver against deadlines
- Able to multi-task and be productive despite competing priorities
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills to work with internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Manage incoming phone calls including organizing rotation, ensuring appropriate coverage and answer general questions and making appropriate transfers. Review and appropriately handle voicemail messages within 24 hours
- Manage electronic filing system (Kwiktag) supplies and ensure adequate stock at all times
- Manage daily distribution of mail in SOME office buildings
- Organize and coordinate bulk mailings and schedule FedEx pickups; manage certified mailing request
- Manage Costco and Staples accounts; order supplies as needed
- Manage office equipment and supply vendor relationships including shredding & vending companies. Ensure that office equipment and supplies are available and in proper working order, schedules maintenance as needed.
Reports to: Facilities Operations Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.