So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
|Location:||Washington , DC|
SOME, Inc. is seeking individuals that enjoy working with children. Children living in our programs attend SOME Place for Kids, an after-school tutoring and enrichment program that supports their educational and social development needs. If you are a caring, patient, and engaging professional then we encourage you to apply. For part-time employees, SOME, Inc. offers 401K match, sick leave, annual leave, holiday pay, and professional development. Don't delay, Apply today!
Position Description: The program assistant provides assistance for youth programming and educational activities for children in Family Housing.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 4:00pm -8:00pm (20 hours/week)
Required- HS/GED; 1-3 yrs experience in education or social services; experience providing services to children. CPR/First-Aid, CPR for Infants
Preferred- Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 yrs experience in education or social services; experience providing services to at-risk students and low-income families
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of early childhood education
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Patience working with children
- Possess the ability to be creative
- Ability to set professional boundaries
- Facilitation and teaching skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Youth Programming: Lead youth through SOME Place for Kids activities in the after-school program.
- Collaboration: Work with Youth Services Coordinators and staff to develop and implement programs. Assist volunteers in learning program activities.
- Marketing: Assist in developing communication to promote Some Place for Kids (SPFK).
Reports to: Program Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.