So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
|Location:||Washington , DC|
2018 Best Place To Work, SOME Inc., seeks a Program Manager for our Family Services team.
Position Description: Oversees program operations and implements strength-based, client-centered approach to service. Manages staff and develops approaches to meet the program's mission and goals.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm. With 2 late evenings, weekends, holidays to fit the needs of the program.
Required: Bachelors Degree, 5+ years experience in Social Services setting; 2-5 years previous supervisory experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Social Services; 5-7yrs. program management and/or non-profit experience; 3-5yrs. previous supervisory experience, experience working with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for motivational enhancement theory and understanding of MET interviewing and career counseling.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service and individualized services. This includes understanding resident's needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of satisfaction
- Knowledge of clientele behavior and dynamics and sensitivity to diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of creative and effective problem solving skills with ability to draw conclusions, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of mental health issues, trauma substance abuse disorders, program population and homelessness.
- Ability to forecast to anticipate challenges and develop contingency plans and solutions identifying industry trends in advance of planning.
- Ability to effectively use data and research to reach informed, effective decisions.
- Ability to build strong channels of communication and appropriate collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Ability to lead and facilitate trainings and life skills workshops.Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of approaches to problems.
- Supervisory skills and Leadership skills.
- Ensure daily program operations run smoothly; Contribute to strategic development and strive to improve program functions and performance; Supervise, oversee, and develop programming plans for adults.
- Establish a baseline for residents service provision based on initial assessments at move-in and any updates and /or changes made through-out the residency.
- Develop programming based the needs of the community and evaluate programming based on identified milestones of resident utilization, awareness and improvements.
- Manage program budget and finances; order program supplies and materials, as needed.
- Oversee all support and case management services.
- Contribute to department budget development, and use sound judgement to leverage resources in accomplishing department goals; Administer budget and comply with SOME financial reporting requirements.
Reports to: Senior Director
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.