So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at So Others Might Eat (SOME, Inc)
Please upload your cover letter and resume then proceed to complete the application. You must complete the application in its entirety to be considered.
|Location:||Washington , DC|
2018’s Top Place to Work in DC., Some Inc., seeks a Wellness Manager.
Position Description: Oversees development planning, and coordination of evidence based health and wellness activities and programming for all clients of SOME Senior Services. Oversees all program volunteer needs and volunteer programming. Delegate task to support staff to implement coordinate activities for Senior Center participants and residents. When appropriate, facilitate health and wellness activities. Oversees submission of weekly, monthly and annual reports as required for programmatic funding and evaluation. Contribute to the improvement of policies and procedures regarding SOME Senior Service Wellness program delivery. Monitor annual spending of program budget. Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: High School Diploma or Associates Degree; 5-6 yrs. social service or wellness programming experience; experiencing developing and implementing evidence-based services to senior populations; previous experience implementing health, wellness and recreational activities to seniors and/or specialized populations. Experience promoting health literacy and establishing partnerships with community organizations. Familiar with client intake, assessment and referral processes. Applicable certifications issued by the District of Columbia Department of Health.
Preferred: Bachelor or Master Degree; 2-4 yrs. social service or wellness programming experience; demonstrated experience developing and implementing evidence-based health, wellness and recreational activities to seniors and/or specialized populations; 2+ yrs. previous project management experience. Experience promoting health literacy, establishing and sustaining community partnerships and coordinating monthly events. Skilled at client intake, assessment and referral. Applicable certifications issued by the District of Columbia Department of Health.
Required License/Certification: Driver’s License, CPR/First-Aid
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Extensive knowledge of developing health and wellness activities
- Project Management
- Problem solving skills
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task despite competing priorities
- Ability to communicate with diverse audience and develop formal community partnerships
- Ability to provide minima case management and referral to community and/or SOME resources
- Oversees all Senior Center operations including development, planning and coordination of evidence based health and wellness activities and programming for all clients of SOME Senior Services
- Promote programs and independently establish formal partnerships with community organizations
- Develop evaluation tools and collect data to evaluate program content and impact on participants
- Track attendance and program statistics for grant reporting and contribute to grant application submissions
- Monitor and report on all activities to ensure internal and external compliance
- Independently monitor budget spending for the Senior Center
Reports to: Sr. Director, Senior Services
Closing date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States.