Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Controller 3
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Unit Controller to oversee accounting and financial matters for multiple cost centers for our Facilities Management account. Sodexo’s Facilities Management operations totals 50+ different cost centers and $30M in managed volume.
This role reports to the Sr. Finance Manager and works very closely with the Site Clients; will have financial responsibility for 50+ main cost centers and over $30M managed volume, monthly. Day to day, this position will be responsible for accounts receivable, internal audits and financial reporting, creating weekly reports, invoice reconciliation, creating weekly and monthly financial reports, and a large focus on managing client billings. If selected, you will participate in continuous process improvements for increasing revenues and decreasing costs.
The ideal Unit Controller will
- Be a seasoned finance/accounting leader with strong fundamentals with Cost Plus accounts -including financial reporting, accruals, audits, budgeting and analyzing business trends, trending / tracking and financial computer applications.
- Have a strong financial background in a large corporate environment and experience handling with multiple budgets.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to present with clarity, and in an organized manner and have a high attention to detail.
- Have highly developed analytical skills and very engaged in the financial status of the account.
- Familiarity with unit operations is highly desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of financial experience for a Fortune 500 company preferred.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.