SOS Children's Villages USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SOS Children's Villages USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Finance & Operations (dotted line to Philanthropy)
SOS Children's Villages, one of the world's largest organizations dedicated to the care of orphaned and vulnerable children, operates in 136 countries, including the United States.
Our comprehensive approach strengthening families and communities, providing long-term care for children, educating and empowering youth, and advocating for children's rights transforms the lives of millions of children and families each year. And when humanitarian crises strike, we provide affected children and families with the supplies and support they need.
The SOS model works: in the US, 100% of SOS youth graduate from high school, and SOS alumni are 6 times more likely to graduate from college than youth in traditional foster care. According to the Boston Consulting Group, every $1 invested in SOS programs returns $14 in benefits to society. Over the last 70 years, leaders such as the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela have supported our work, and we have been recognized with numerous international awards and honors, including 14 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize.
SOS Children's Villages USA is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform a wide range of administrative functions in support of the fundraising and operations efforts in our Washington, DC office. The Administrative Assistant will assist with database maintenance, gift processing, donor acknowledgments, membership support as well as provide general administrative support and office management. This position will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Individual Giving, and the Manager of Fundraising and Data Analytics.
- Records and inputs information into the database Revolution On-Line (ROI), including address updates, new prospect/donor information, gift information, cancellations, refunds and credit card information.
- Oversees data entry of biographical and gift information.
- Collaborates with other teams, to ensure accurate record updates and gift entries.
- Manages workplace giving and matching gifts download and data entry.
Sponsorship and Donor Support
- Supports fundraising and operations by developing and manipulating spreadsheets, utilizing mail merge, creating reports, preparing large-scale mailings, copying, editing, filing and other related functions.
- Manages donor gift and pledge acknowledgments for Philanthropy and Corporate & Foundation Relations teams.
- Assist in answering incoming calls to the general line from current and potential donors.
- Works with Director of Finance & Administration to coordinate IT needs and maintenance of office equipment, including telephone service.
- Sorts and distributes office correspondence
- Maintains common areas such as the kitchen and conference rooms
- Conducts inventory on all kitchen and office supplies
- Coordinates conference room calendar, team meetings, and catering for meetings as requested.
- Create shipping labels and mail packages, per request
New Staff Support
- Staff office/computer/phone/account set up (with support from IT)
- Ordering business cards
- Collaborates with Human Resources in onboarding process (as needed)
Vendor Coordination and Requests
- Office Building
- Submit and track building requests
- Order and assign bathroom and office keys and FOBs
- Reserve basement conference room for special events
- Manages contract records and coordinates vendor contract renewals.
- Coordinates vendor communications on behalf of staff.
IT Support and Coordination
- Work with ATS Help Desk to maintain "All Staff" and "All Intern" email address
- Create accounts for incoming staff and interns
- Work with ATS Help Desk (bi-weekly, IT on-site) to run software updates and have laptops and monitors ready for use
Internal Meeting Support (as needed)
- Set up conference line/video meeting platform
- Prepare conference rooms for external visitors
- Order/display breakfast, lunch, etc. depending on meeting or special event
CEO Office Support (as needed)
- Back up support and cross training to assist Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in administrative support in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to act in a mature and professional manner with donors and trustees.
- Good organizational skills required, with strict attention to detail in all tasks.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- A proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- PC proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office required; experience with donor databases (particularly Revolution Online) preferred.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Affinity to the cause of SOS Children's Villages.