Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Marketing, Downstream - Enabling Technologies in Washington, DC at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
This downstream marketing leader will develop and lead execution of our enabling technologies regional marketing strategy, including but not limited to: market analysis, opportunity diagnostics, selection of market segments and target groups, product portfolio assessment, and regional price to exceed financial business objectives for the strategic planning period. They will evolve our branding strategy, product positioning and messaging. They will develop platform promotional strategies, launch materials, sales support tools, and educational aids etc. that allow the region to grow market-share and ensure channel excellence. This person will actively contribute to the development of a product roadmap, providing regional insights as well as lead the development of a cross-divisional launch plan. This individual will work closely with the Sales Teams, Upstream Marketing, Medical Education, and Sales Training to create and implement effective downstream marketing strategies and drive commercial execution. They will actively contribute to leading the business towards continued growth and organizational development, while building best-in-class marketing capabilities. This role will focus specifically on navigation, robotic, imaging, and digital health platforms and associated software.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Oversee the formulation of downstream marketing and commercialization strategies while driving tactical execution.
- Develop and drive product marketing plans, including segmentation, competitive strategy, selling strategies, and promotional program development with a metrics-based approach to measure effectiveness of marketing tactics to drive plan refinement.
- Collaborate across business units or divisions to develop and execute go-to-market strategies for Stryker enabling technologies for relevant markets.
- Work closely with Upstream Marketing relative to phase-gate process, product positioning / messaging and forecasting for new product opportunities.
- Develop close, productive relationships with the field sales organizations, regional managers, key opinion leaders, and other physicians to fully understand product performance and customer needs.
- Work strategically with sales force to create demand, enable sales, increase awareness and drive market share for assigned product responsibilities.
- Gather market intelligence and report on macro market dynamics, competitive information, key procedural trends, and clinical data that would impact our business and shape commercial planning.
- Manage and develop a direct staff, attract top talent and provide professional development opportunities to staff.
- Direct the creation and deployment of programs for Stryker’s enabling technologies, including patient and physician education, community seminars, co-marketing with physicians and hospitals, and analytics.
- Collaborate with other spine business segments to develop strategies and materials to enable strong link between capital equipment and implants within Stryker’s spine division.
- Partner with the Medical Education team to design, develop, and implement programs including surgeon visitations, cases observations, and other solutions that enhance training and education.
- Develop and maintain product line and market segment technical expertise and contacts with key surgeons and customers by observing surgery, attending medical/scientific meetings, presentations, and seminars.
- Develop and manage assigned budgets for administration and marketing activities for enabling technology portfolio. Analyze budget variances and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor and analyze sales data for product and market performance and, if necessary, develop and collaboratively execute corrective action plan.
- Monitor, adjust, and maintain revenue forecasting.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers on matter concerning division strategy, market trends, and business needs.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiation with management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the business segment.
Education & special training:
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred
Qualifications & experience:
- 10+ years of successful business experience, with exposure to sales, operations, R&D, finance and clinical
- Leadership of multiple product franchises preferred
- 6+ years of medical device or healthcare experience required
- 5+ years of marketing experience required
- Demonstrated success in leading large-scale, healthcare strategy projects with proven results
- Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing/developing clinical, technical and product managers
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem-solving approach, and manage execution
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and marketing campaign development
- Experience with capital equipment preferred
- Spine experience preferred
- Proven track record of high performance in roles of increasing responsibility
Physical & mental requirements:
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via phone and email.
- Must be able to communicate to large groups of people.
- Ability to operate common office equipment.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking / market analysis /competitive analysis / consumer behavior
- Fundamental understanding of how to conduct market research
- Strong communication / presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong financial acumen related to conducting ROI, NPV, and other analyses
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 60%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.