Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Design-Build Project Manager
Sr. Design-Build Project Manager
SYSTRA is a global leader in the mass transit and railroad industries. SYSTRA USA has a presence in multiple geographic locations across the country: New York (Headquarters), New Jersey, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC. SYSTRA has been a dominant force in US railroad operations for more than 30 years. Globally, our firm has implemented railroad engineering projects in over 150 countries.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Design-Build Project Manager. The SR. D/B Project Manager provides direction and management for design-build projects and ensures on-schedule completion at or below budget, and in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. This position requires mobility as the candidate is required to work at the location of the project.
- Responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the projects to meet project goals and objectives.
- Assign, manage, and perform project work including scope, schedule, and budget and produce accurate and timely financial and project reporting and client deliverables as required.
- Technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects, including the investigation, development, and approaches for the project.
- Participate in developing proposals, including technical design and cost estimates and participate in client presentations to secure new work.
- Seal drawings as required.
- Ensure managers and engineers/designers are following relevant federal, state, local, and industry standards.
- Analyze and review the design requirements to ensure match with customers' specifications.
- Enforce QA/QC policies, and identify possible quality and safety issues within the scope of the project in order to fulfill project-related contractual requirements.
- Perform site investigations as required.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications, and structural repairs.
- Review and approve designs developed by structural staff
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical
- 20 to 25 years progressively responsible experience working on major transportation infrastructure projects with specific experience in managing public transportation design-build projects
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability to perform duties
- Strong management and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage all financial aspects of major projects
- Experience managing multiple resources (employees and sub-consultants) to deliver projects within guidelines
- Effective client management skills
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations that are considered authoritative on issues that have an extensive impact.
- Solve complex technical design problems
- Make independent judgements on engineering problems and methods
- Proficiency in the following software programs: MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; AutoCAD; a project management software such as MS Project, Primavera, or SureTrak; and ability to quickly learn software programs
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally to all SYSTRA office locations, including being assigned to projects offices, if applicable.
- Design-Building (DBIA) Certification
- PMP Certification
- MS in relevant engineering field
- Leadership role in a relevant professional organization
- SYSTRA offers a range of competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, vacation/holidays/sick time, 401(k) with employer match, short-term/long-term disability, commuter assistance program, tuition reimbursement, and more!
SYSTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.