Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analytics Developer (Navy Yard)
at TekSouth Corporation
- # of Openings
Teksouth Corporation is currently looking for a Data Analytics Specialist with Navy or DoD FM experience.
Excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level. Teksouth is a boutique analytical service provider for federal and non-federal customers.
We work closely with clients and develop tools with an emphasis on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the organizations we serve by helping them leverage data to make better decisions.
This will be FT, permanent positions located at the Washington Navy Shipyard, District of Columbia.
Must have Active SECRET Clearance.
Responsible for integrating and automating multiple sources of Accounting, Financial, and Personnel data for the Navy using the Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, InfoPath, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Preferred candidates shall have expert experience in Microsoft Office software suite.
- Expert experience should include but is not limited to developing complex Microsoft Excel formulas, utilizing VBA and macros in Microsoft Excel, and developing crosswalks and advanced query building in Microsoft Access.
- Shall possess demonstrated expert experience in data mining, database development, and data selected item integration of financial and acquisition information and possess the capability to provide a visual display tool to access information.
- Candidate will be required to learn the Government’s requirement, seeing and anticipating what changes are on the horizon and proposing courses of action to address these changes.
- Changes may include identification of a new feeder system and/or feeder system evolvement and phase out.
- Must have the ability to understand the data and make the data understandable in not only a broad but also narrow context.
- Knowledge of Department of Navy (DoN) accounting, budgeting, financial management, personnel processes and terminology is required to verify the information on the dashboard is accurate and convey to users the significance and importance of the dashboard outputs.
- Possess understanding and have the ability to apply appropriate principles and technologies to safeguard data in Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router (NIPR) environments.
- Past experience in developing a Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint data integration/dashboard reporting is important.
- Shall be experienced in how the data from disparate systems in use by the Navy integrates to provide the financial and personnel information needed to manage resources.
- Government/Military Accounting or Budgeting - Five (5) years of government/military accounting or budgeting experience.
- Disparate DoD Financial Systems - Seven (7) years integrating disparate DoD financial systems.
Teksouth values and engages the diversity of its teammates, customers, and business partners.
EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet