Textron Systems Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Business Development Manager
at Textron Systems Corporation
Sr Business Development Manager
- Lead Navy customer engagement and shaping of business opportunities for Bell with emphasis on USN production programs - CMV-22 and MQ-8 Fire Scout.
- Active competition programs: Navy Advanced Helicopter Training System (AHTS)
- Future Vertical Lift family of systems to include an H-60R/S replacement (FVL Capability Set 2 or 3) and the Navy developmental UAS variant as well as aligning USN and USMC interests with regard to the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Unmanned Expeditionary (MUX) developmental effort. This effort will require close coordination with the Advanced Tiltrotor Systems team inside the GMBD organization.
- Manage Customer Relationships with key Navy and other Department of Defense (DoD) customers.
- Develop and execute stakeholder engagement plan at all levels of DOD. Shape requirements for U.S. Government (USG) that align with Bell Products and services.
- Own key military strategies/messages and One Voice for customers and Bell/Textron executives.
- Lead and participate in Campaign Teams responsible for capture of new business. Develop Win-Strategies, Position to Win, Risk Analysis/Mitigation Plans and Internal Textron as well as external Partnering Strategies
- Lead Cross-Functional proposal teams through the acquisition process. Interface internally with Bell Leadership and across departments to develop and execute campaigns. Develop and lead gate reviews for assigned pursuits/opportunities. Develop responses to USG Requests for Information/Proposals (RFIs & RFPs).
- Represent Bell at trade shows and events (domestically and internationally as needed), to promote the Bell brand and Bell products and services; supporting Bell interests with DoD and international customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration - or related discipline- is required.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- 10 years' experience in military aviation, military acquisition, business development, marketing and sales, or program management is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams and project management is required.
- Experience in working directly with executive management and/or senior military leadership is required.
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer engagement is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance (minimum Secret level).
- Must have the ability to work in a highly dynamic, complex, and deadline-intensive environment.
- Must be goal-oriented and highly self-motivated with the ability to effectively balance priorities.
- Must be a strategic thinker and planner.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Must be able to travel 25-35% of the year (cumulative days) both domestically and internationally (must be able to acquire a US Passport).
- Joint Service military doctrine and systems requirements development experience (Acquisitions, Operational Test Director, Test Pilot) preferred.
- 3 years of experience related to Aircraft Systems Program Management/Military Acquisition preferred.
- Service level staff experience in the Pentagon or similar Combatant Command is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of vertical-lift aircraft/missions and/or aviation support/service is preferred.
- Direct experience as a pilot or as an aviation maintenance/support technician is preferred.
- Experience in the DoD Decision Support Systems including: The Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System; The Defense Acquisition System; and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) Process is preferred.
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment that embodies one of our core values, Lift Each Other Up. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.