The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nurse - Surgery (Vascular) M-F: 8am-5pm OUTPATIENT/NO WEEKENDS
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
To provide proficient nursing care for an individual or group of patients with less predictable problems and to provide leadership in the implementation of high quality nursing care. Assist Vascular physicians and other physicians as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with patient histories and physicals
- Counsel and prepare patients for testing and surgery
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Assist with procedures and treatments
- Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Notify patients of laboratory and pathology results.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Provide patient teaching when necessary
- Records nursing care using appropriate documentation.
- Assist with the collaboration of appropriate health care professionals in implementing a comprehensive plan of care
- Will assist with patient triage via telephone and in office
- Other duties as assigned
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Current D.C. Licensure as a registered nurse or evidence of application for licensure in D.C. Bachelor’s or
Associate’s degree in Nursing.
At least two years of relevant clinical experience, with vascular experience being a plus.
Ability to input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate
providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions,
and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety
in dealing with a variety of people.