The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs echocardiography which involves the ability to distinguish various cardiac structures and determine the quality of the tracings obtained.
- Performs advanced tests, such as 2-D and M-mode echocardiograms and doppler studies.
- Performs daily inspection of equipment and arranges for repairs.
- Trains technicians, residents and fellows in routing and specialized equipment procedures and in interpreting echocardiography test results.
- Responds to cardiovascular emergencies that occur during testing.
- Sets up and maintains the Echocardiological Laboratory.
- May perform other non-invasivecardiological tests, such as exercise/stress testing, holter monitoring, stress echo, dobutamine stress echo, and Optison Stress.
- Generate Cardiology reports for review by cardiologists.
Other Related Duties
- Maintains records and files.
- Cleans and maintain equipment.
- Order supplies
- IV insertion
- Maintain linen inventory
- Fax and copy echo reports (tapes) when necessary
- Assist with research studies
- Prepares Optison contrast under supervision NP/MD
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination training and experience, is necessary.
- Completion of a formal echocardiography training program.
- One to Two year of experience in the performance of echocardiographic procedures is necessary.