The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Medical Technician
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) contracts to provide Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to venues and facilities within Washington DC. The purpose of this position is to help to fulfill these contracts. The positon will provide Basic Life Support within the EMT scope of practice to include medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization and transfer of care to the sick and injured. Further, he/she will respond to emergency medical situations involving all types of emergencies, potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintains (self or scene) control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to lesser trained personnel; performs other duties as required. The position is expected to perform all skills required of an American Heart Association certified healthcare CPR provider.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduate or equivalent.
- Nationally Registered EMT
- CPR for Healthcare Provider
- 1 Year Experience as EMT
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment and software programs used.
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA).
- Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
- Ability to physically respond to a medical emergency throughout an area and performs work which may involve strenuous physical tasks, including during hazardous conditions and/or inclement weather.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment properly to include the ability to wear respiratory protection equipment.
- Must be able to maintain state of readiness to respond through ensuring equipment, tools, and protective equipment is in a response ready condition.