The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
To assist physicians, nurses and patients by providing ambulatory medical care services. Responsible for clinic patient flow, informing physicians of patients’ arrival and room assignment Accompanies and/or assists patients to the exam room in a professional manner. Obtains patient vital signs, to include height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration. Pulse oximetry if needed. Able to perform using manual equipment and Welch Allen spot vital sign machine and import results to electronic medical record in a timely fashion. Assist physicians during examinations and procedures. May be required to take patient medical history if applicable per department. May perform a variety of testing, diagnostic, and screening procedures. Assists in explaining test procedures to patients. Current in basic CPR/AED. Medications ability to calculate dosages (may be required to demonstrate via passing yearly written medication exam). Administer medications (oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, inhalation, rectal, topical) using proper technique – this duty can only be performed after the MA has demonstrated competency to clinic RN yearly, if applicable per department. Communicates laboratory and test results to physicians and/or nurses. May assist with other support activities, to include packaging and sterilizing equipment and supplies.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- We have the following openings in departments: Cancer Center, Internal Medicine, Specialty ( ID, GI, Pulmonary), and Allergy
- High school graduate and graduate from a Medical Assistant School.
- Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant required and required to keep current.
- Two to three years experience of general patient care (i.e. hospital, physician’s office or ambulatory care setting) preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.