The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner - Endocrinology
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
To perform, under the responsibility and supervision of physicians, clinical patient care service defined as: data gathering, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, management of stable and chronic illnesses; and counseling. The NP /PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations. They will be under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed attending physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs evaluation and problem identification of patients.
- Performs history and physical examination of patients.
- Writes prescriptions, orders and interprets laboratory data and radiological tests.
- Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
- Documents findings in the medical record.
- Recommends appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Interacts with consultants as appropriate.
- Provides education and counseling for patients. Directs patient and/or family to agencies dealing with specific illnesses/diseases.
- Orders appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Supervises NP, PA, health science and medical students as appropriate.
- Performs procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need.
- Interacts with nursing and technologist staff.
- Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
- Participates in Departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
- NP: A masters degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner.
- Current ANCC certification
- D.C. licensure or in process is required
- At least two years of experience
- familiarity with Endocrinology specialty