The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Operations Manager
at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
To oversee the MFA Department of Pharmacy Services functions including the professional duties of preparation and dispensing of medication; providing patient focused care; and management of staff. Accountable for prescriptions, patient care, service, inventory management, loss prevention, and community responsibility while maintaining the highest standards required by regulatory agencies as well as promoting a patient focused experience as a patient care advocate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews, selects, and evaluates pharmacy department employees;
- Provides initial training for new employees and in-service training for existing staff as necessary;
- Oversees, leads and supports staff;
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for all departmental areas;
- Supports daily staffing needs within the department;
- Supervises stock and controlled drug records and inventories per government compliance and MFA policy requirements;
- Collaboration with staff to efficiently and effectively fill prescriptions
- Ensure compliance with federal and local pharmacy regulations throughout the organization;
- Maintains and updates all licensure for pharmacy operations
- Oversees purchase and distribution of medications for the MFA organization;
- Oversees and provides support for the Investigational Drug Service
- Analyze prescription trends and adjusts pharmacy purchases accordingly to maximize inventory turnover;
- Works with the Pharmacist in Charge to establish, coordinate and maintain the work schedule to best serve the needs of the customer and in accordance with budgeted payroll hours
- Accountable for pharmacy financials and maintaining allotted department budget
- Supervision of retail pharmacy reconciliation process; assists with monthly financial reports;
- Facilitates communication with patients and prescribers to deliver an excellent experience; addresses and resolves patient or employee concerns
- Clarifies third party coverage issues. Provides advice and counsel for patients regarding medications and regimens;
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading pharmacy management system, including implementation and management of inventory control process;
- Provides drug cost and charge information to the MFA Business Office; provides reimbursement analysis for the retail pharmacy and clinic medications.
- Responsible for handling all pharmaceutical based contracts for the MFA Organization
- Coordinates seasonal flu vaccine purchase and distribution throughout organization
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy is required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Pharmacist by the District of Columbia or eligibility for D.C. licensure through Reciprocity or board examination is necessary.
- Five years of professional pharmacy experience is required.