Trump Hotel Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Agent
at Trump Hotel Collection
Trump International Hotel, Washington DC
Passion. Drive. Enthusiasm. These are the three pillars of our company culture. Launched in 2007, the Trump Hotels is the next generation of luxury hospitality - one that is raising the bar in the top-tier travel experience. We believe that by creating an unsurpassed regard for our associates, our associates will, in turn, create an unparalleled guest experience that will ultimately translate into the success of our stakeholders.
Our vision? We will never settle…. We will persist in the meticulous delivery of unparalleled service and experiences… We will do it better than anyone else!
The Trump International Hotel Washington DC is a Forbes’ 5 Star Award winning hotel property. Our establishment tells a unique story, guided by the classic features of the Old Post Office building, the associates, and experiences that compel this 5 Star team.
The Front Office Agent is at the forefront of the hotel arrival experience. Responsible for checking Guests in/out of the hotel. Additionally the FOA may respond to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve an unparalleled guest experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Door Staff and Bell Staff to ensure a seamless arrival and departure experience.
- Create a memorable arrival and departure experience by providing a personalized check in and check out experience.
- Maintain a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Reconcile all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Answer internal and external telephone inquiries in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest names when possible.
- Utilize a variety of computer systems (e.g. property management, and radio systems), high-speed Internet system and facsimile machines.
- Accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff.
- Answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of PBX Staff.
- Actively collect and meticulously record guest preferences.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues.
- Complete shift checklist and pass on important information.
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in the areas of Attaché, Concierge, Bell Staff, and lobby coverage.
- Must have the ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Attend all scheduled shifts, including shift work and weekend work in accordance with the schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a passion for delivering outstanding luxury service.
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think independently, possess good judgment, proven problem-solving skills and effective decision-making skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Education & Experience
- Fluent in English. Proficiency of a secondary language would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in a similar capacity in a luxury hotel is preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- College education in Hospitality preferred or equivalent experience.