Trump Hotel Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trump Hotel Collection
Trump International Hotel, Washington DC
Creates/prepares/produces/bakes breads, rolls, breakfast pastries and desserts according to standard recipes, in order to contribute the overall guest satisfaction.
50 % Creates, prepares/produces/bakes all breakfast pastries, breads, rolls and
desserts for restaurants and banquets. Decorates pastries/cakes with creativity and skill.
20 % Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures
the proper storage and refrigeration of same.
10 % Ensures spoilage/waste are kept to a minimum by ordering and utilizing
proper quantities and rotating products. Develop new products for a la carte and catering menus on a rotating basis.
10 % Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the
10 % Set daily pars on all products to ensure freshness.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Assists with preparation/cooking in other stations as requested.
• Keeps work station neat and orderly - "clean as you go".
• Assist with special duties or special orders or products whenever possible.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to communicate orally and verbally in English with staff and outside entities. Certain positions will require the ability to read and write in English as well.
- Skilled in creating, preparing/producing and decorating pastries and cakes.
- Knife handling, pastry & baked goods knowledge.
High School graduate or equivalent required. Advanced professional pastry training/degree.
At least two years pastry/baking experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Bakery certificate or apprenticeship helpful.
Food Handler Certification.