Uber Technologies, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Test Engineer - JUMP China (Shenzhen)
at Uber Technologies, inc
- Engineering - Engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
At Uber, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will be working with Uber’s New Mobility team to design, develop & build Test equipment for precision hardware, electrical/electronic modules & Final product assembly Expert in Testing machine qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment Perform research and development on new Testing technologies to meet global product quality & reliability standards Design, implement and successfully scale automated & semi- automated Test solutions based upon sound engineering principles.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with engineering, HW/FW/SW teams to design & build new test equipment / processes for new products that meet quality standards for high-volume manufacturing & assembly
- Leading the standardization & optimization of product test processes (module + system level)
- Provide core expertise to ensure Test readiness for new products and resolve TE / EE/ RF related issues from NPI through the life of product
- Prepare & present concise Test Engineering program status keynote/updates to Leadership team on a weekly basis
- Strong programming skills for writing, debugging and optimizing test programs
- Working closely with cross-functional engineering teams to develop the most optimal test processes across all products and factory sites
- Work closely with product reliability team for module & system level REL test process
- You will lead & make recommendations to improve product test coverage
- Lead Test failure analysis (HW/EE/FW) , drive corrective actions & perform DOE’s
- Lead & resolve potential test gaps, regression & correlation issues between FATP, vendors, manufacturing & assembly processes
- Develop test procedures & documents, automatic test data collection & analysis
- Responsible for Test station capability & capacity analysis, Cpk, GRR, correlation
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a hardware test engineer in any of the following technologies is required: PCB, Motor, Battery; Display, Touch/Haptic, sensors, Force, Accelerometers, RF, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience in electrical / electrochemical Test engineering systems (full/semi-automatic)
- Solid understanding of digital/analog power management fundamentals, SMT, design for test & assembly
- Excellent understanding of HW/SW architecture and inter-operability of complex hardware systems
- Hands-on experience in developing test procedures, methodologies & programs, bringing up and characterizing signal circuits (sensors, amplifiers, DAC, ADC, PLL, power, etc.)
- EE / Mechatronics knowledge is a requirement
- Expert in programming with scripting languages (Perl. Python) & high- level languages C, C++, visual basic
- Experience leading product Testing both at Module & System level
- Experience with Test technologies for mobile / computers / Tablet / electronic products
- Must have good analytical & technical problem-solving skills, implement error-proofing
- Experience with Test equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer) PLC’s, HMI’s and PLC programming (AB, Omron, Keyence, Siemens, etc.)
- Knowledge of process, measurement/test data analysis and statistics
Bonus Points If
Education / Experience
- BS/MS in an engineering, mechatronics, mechanical, electrical, electronics, computer science
- 5+ years’ experience working as hardware test engineer in high volume electrical/electronics, computers, automotive, control products industries
- New product introduction experience desired
- SolidWorks, CAD or ProE experiences a plus
- Working knowledge of robotics (6-axis and/or SCARA), pneumatics, servo motors, motion controllers, PLC and PC-based control systems
- JMP, Matlab data analysis software experience is a must
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as “NeMo”, is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. As a high-growth “startup org” within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding.
The JUMP team belongs to “NeMo”, we’re building the future of urban mobility: shared electric vehicles that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. More affordable than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP is a game-changer for local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 14,000 bikes in 6 countries. This year JUMP is launching the next generation of e-mobility options in San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, and other top tier US markets. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility.
To make this vision a reality, we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation. While the Uber App no longer operates in China, JUMP is excited to open a new R&D and Supply Chain Centre in Shenzhen, China to support its international growth.