United Nations Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fellow, Business Models and Software Sustainability, DIAL
at United Nations Foundation
DIAL is a new global alliance to enable the digital ecosystem to deliver greater scale, efficiency and social impact as it creates more inclusive digital economies in emerging markets. Working with partners, DIAL will generate evidence of what works through field-based projects, distil insights and tools to promote scale-up and replication, and provide mechanisms for co-investment throughout the ecosystem. DIAL is hosted by the United Nations Foundation, and the team is based in Washington, D.C.
DIAL is seeking a Fellow ready to contribute to their advisory support to open source products used by humanitarian and international development organizations. Organizations build software when they can't find a product that meets their needs. After they are built, the burden of maintaining and supporting these systems can be challenging, especially for organizations that are not technology companies. DIAL supports these products through consulting on technical architecture, open source community development, and sustainable business models. The Fellow will work closely with the Director of Business Planning to develop a portfolio of recommendations for business model and revenue stream considerations.
- Perform landscape research on various business models of current DIAL client projects
- Contribute to revenue stream sample financial models
- Collate findings from current DIAL pilot engagements
- Assist in research on legal organizational structures
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program or have graduated within the past year from a graduate degree program
- Strong research skills and ability to write clearly and concisely
- Financial modeling experience or strong competence in Excel
- Demonstrated interest and experience digital services in developing markets preferred
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working and committed to the mission of DIAL
- Fun, friendly and collaborative
- Fluent in English
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work under pressure/ handle stress
- Ability to meet attendance policy