Unity Health Care, incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Director IV - Medical
at Unity Health Care, incorporated
The Medical Director IV is responsible for, but not limited to, coordination of the daily activities of the various disciplines of the Unity Health Care Health Center team, and serves as the liaison between Unity and the community. The Medical Director IV is responsible for the daily operations of a clinical site, including direct supervision of all personnel working at the designated site.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Attend Unity clinic(s).
- The Medical Director IV and Health Center Director (HCD) work closely together on a number of tasks involving overall clinic management.
- Coordinates at least monthly, the site's Leadership meetings to include the Medical Director, HCD, and NM. These meetings should be designed to promote quality of care, operational efficiency, problem-solving, etc.
- Conducts, at least monthly, the site's All Staff meetings.
- Conducts, at least monthly, the site's Provider meetings to include the Nurse Manager (NM), Chief Medical Officer (CMO), and Chief of Clinical Operations (CCO) or designee/s.
- Assists with identification of supply and equipment needs.
- Coordinates provider schedule to include approval of scheduled absences.
- Defines and implements site-specific QI initiatives.
- Collaborates to improve non-medical systems procedures including registration, appointments, and patient flow.
- Manages peer review process in accordance with protocol. Specifically, the Medical Director IV is responsible for reevaluating those charts or providers not meeting the minimum standards and providing feedback. Peer review process with discipline directors needed in some cases.
- Collaborates to improve or maintain provider/staff/patient satisfaction, quality of care, and productivity.
- Provides feedback to the CMO and complete clinical aspect of annual provider evaluations. Medical Director IV should receive feedback from HCD and Nurse Manager with regard to non clinical aspects (e.g. with regard to timeliness, respectfulness, and teamwork with rest of staff).
- Provides feedback to the HCD and NM with regard to staff evaluations.
- Monitors and evaluates clinical issues related to nursing performance.
- Orients new providers to site and serves as resource to all providers at site.
- Contacts discipline director for departmental issues as they occur.
- Conducts weekly meetings with all providers as needed; if any identified issues not resolved by the HCD to the Medical Director's satisfaction, Medical Director should then notify CMO.
- Verifies, signs, and submits leave requests for all providers to the HCD for processing in accordance with the provider leave policy.
- Participates in monthly Medical Director meetings and the joint HCD-Medical Director QI meeting.
· Current MD license.
· DEA and CDS Licenses.
· Should preferably have 2-3 years of experience in ambulatory care setting with some contact with homeless patients.