Unity Health Care, incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Management Training Coordinator - Financial Services
at Unity Health Care, incorporated
Under the supervision of the Director of Revenue Reimbursement, the Practice Management Training Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Senior Practice Management Specialist in planning and executing assigned projects. Tasks can include system configuration, training end users and super-users, planning for upgrades and enhancements, and overall support of Unity's Practice Management system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Clinical Practice Management Systems training for all new employees and other staff members.
- Assists with maintaining and updating policy, procedure, and/or front office workflows.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding confidential conversations, documents, and files.
- Assists in the monitoring and follow-up with staff using the practice management system.
- Assists Sr. PM Training Specialist with monthly registration clerk meetings.
· Assists in configuration and testing activities to build and validate the system according to Unity's requirements.
· Plans, schedules, and tracks project timeline and milestones and deliverables using the appropriate tools.
- Configures eClinicalWorks system at the request of ECW stakeholders, including development of provider working hours and visit types and visit type rules.
- Assists in facilitating and supports standard system design and configuration decisions for Unity's PM functionality by working collaboratively with medical and clinical staff across all sites.
- Supports specialized training regarding schedule maintenance and document management.
· Provides on-site support as needed with PM initial implementation, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Monitors and responds to support "Ticket" requests.
- Travels to sites to follow up on training and support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in health services operations.
§ Minimum of three (3) years experience in registration, billing, or charge entry functions.
§ Experience as a Registration Clerk III or cashier preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Familiar with medical billing and collection procedures to include Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and self-pay.
· Extensive knowledge of computer software programs to include, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, (eClinical Works, AS/400 or other Patient Management Systems a plus).
· Prior experience as a team leader.
· Demonstrated experience as a practice management trainer.
· Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimum of supervision.
· Ability to work in a team oriented environment and interrelate well with individuals.
· Good oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
· Superior communication skills.
· History of positive customer relations as demonstrated by supervisor recommendation.