Unity Health Care, incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst - Financial Services
at Unity Health Care, incorporated
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Senior Accountant is directly responsible for, but not limited to, preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of bank statements, revenue and statistical reports.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains general ledger; prepares trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Preparation of monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assists in monthly closing activities by recording financial information for analysis.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist Controller in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives
- Advise on procedure and financial management to improve efficiency and maximize cost savings.
- Assist with preparation of annual audits schedules and tax returns.
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes.
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Reconciles payroll information and prepares Payroll J/E.
- Assists in monitoring of internal controls.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end analysis and managements reporting needs.
- Serves as backup for payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Help identify areas of improvement along with implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, with previous experience as junior accountant or accounting supervisor.
- CPA preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus.
· Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
· Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Good oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
· Ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment and interact well with individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and needs.
The position abides by all policies, rules, and regulations as set forth by Unity Health Care and applicable licensing and regulatory bodies.
The position requires contact with clinical staff at all levels throughout the organization.
This position reports directly to the Controller.