Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer (Armed) Flex (DOD) Cleared
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer Level
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
At Allied Universal® our Security Professionals assist clients, and the public at large, by providing essential jobs that keep our communities safe and secure. During this time, we need your help more than ever. We have immediate employment opportunities. Allied Universal also employs an interview process you can complete from the comfort of your home through our online application and video interviewing technology. We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees and invite you to apply to join the team.
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Armed Flex Cleared Security Officer - Department of Defense (DoD). The Cleared Security Officer will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance. The Cleared Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by Allied Universal, the client and the US Government (DoD). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
Must have DoD Secret Clearance
Monday-Friday 06:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 1-2 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) position appropriate level security clearance
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
This is a highly visible and trusted position for which ONLY qualified candidates will be considered. If you qualify based on the above requirements, please complete the position application.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.