Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Service Manager in Washington, DC.
This person will be responsible for the day to day operational management of an assigned client portfolio within the branch operation. If you desire to work in a progressive, fast paced environment where your contributions will lead to personal and professional growth, then look no further!! You will have both the support and the autonomy needed to perform at your highest level in order to succeed. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow!
Additional responsibilities of the Service Manager position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Primary client contact person for assigned portfolio of accounts. Responsibility for regular face to face client interaction and proactive resolution of any operational issues at assigned client base. Maintain ongoing and proactive client contact, including site visits, meeting attendance, timely response and follow up, phone calls, lunches and other special events.
- Utilizing branch and corporate resources, define, address and resolve all client issues including personnel/staffing concerns or requests, service issues or requests, execution of company programs, officer performance issues, or other service related items.
- Ensure all post requirements are current and complete at assigned portfolio, including current post orders, BSIS training compliance, staff training, vehicle policy compliance, uniform and appearance standards being met, and other staff and client relations policies being administered according to company standards.
- Ensure staff at assigned portfolio accounts meets all client and company standards, and that policies regarding coaching and discipline are followed consistently, employee complaints are promptly reported, investigated and resolved, and compliance with all employee relations policies is followed consistently.
- Assists in coaching, developing and training branch staff to meet branch needs. Includes oversight in company policy execution by branch staff, assistance in completing projects as directed by the Branch Manager or RVP, and providing support to branch staff to effectively perform their job duties.
- Works closely with Sales team assigned to region. May participate in sales presentations to potential clients, go on sales calls, and participate in sales events.
- Directly responsible, with BM or RVP oversight, for new account start ups and transitions, ensuring staffing levels are met, training and uniform issues are addressed, and physically participating in start-up activities to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ensure oversight and regular use of financial reports to manage key branch measurements, such as overtime and scheduling efficiency for assigned client portfolio.
- Attend and actively participate in management meetings within region and at corporate. Observe operations and make suggestions for improved efficiency as appropriate, including providing ideas and plans for growth and improvements within the assigned portfolio, branch or company-wide.
- Others duties as assigned by Branch Manager, Regional Vice President or corporate staff.
Qualified applicants for the Service Manager position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Prior experience in the security industry, highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Current driver’s license for the state which you are applying, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.