Universal Service Admnistrative Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Universal Service Admnistrative Company
- # of Openings
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Business Analyst within our Lifeline team. Reporting to the Manager of Program Management you will:
- work with operations, product management and IT teams to develop processes, test system updates and manage content for the various Lifeline systems necessary for applicants and system users to effectively use the systems associated with USAC’s Lifeline program, and to remain consistent with FCC rules.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Business Analyst will support Lifeline operations and product management with business requirements for systems in support of all stakeholders. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist operations staff to develop and manage systems content, such as stakeholder instructions, automated emails, forms-processing, staff procedures.
- Support the development of business requirements for systems functionality necessary to comply with Commission rules and administer the program in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Assist Operations staff in the development and deployment of business rules and procedures.
- Support the development of business requirements for new functionality to improve operational efficiency.
- Assist Operations staff in developing data integrity standards.
- Participate in requirements reviews, design reviews, and change control activities.
- Document and report issues discovered, determine root cause, testing and follow-up for resolution.
- Document business requirements and develop training programs, documents, and materials.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Shared Services Division.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- You have 3 to 4 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed above.
- You have demonstrated experience with increasingly complex system analysis projects.
- You have experience developing user stories based on business and system requirements.
- You have experience defining and elaborating user stories with validation and acceptance criteria.
- You have experience with Scrum and/or other Agile Software Development frameworks.
- You have experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Access and/or Oracle and ability to write Access / SQL queries.
- You have experience with software development activities from a business operations’ perspective.
- You have experience with Microsoft SharePoint Software.
- You have experience preparing and delivering information in a concise, professionally written and/or verbal format.
- You have experience developing, documenting, and/or creating new or more useful ideas, approaches, and plans.
- You have experience analyzing and developing solutions to problems.
- You have experience managing various projects, work, technical support, etc.
- You have experience developing and maintaining positive customer rapport.
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, schools and libraries across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs—High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools and Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC’s rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we- are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the “Apply For This Job Online” button.