Universal Service Admnistrative Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Universal Service Admnistrative Company
- # of Openings
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as an HR Assistant within our HR team. Reporting to the CHRO you will:
- Be responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations and communications.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the HR Assistant will perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Provide clerical and operational support to other human resource staff.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Make photocopies; mail, scan and emails document; and perform other clerical functions.
- Prepare new-employee files and personnel file maintenance.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate activities/meetings/ company events Management/coordination of company events i.e.; summer & holiday functions.
- Complete Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submit online investigation requests and assist with new-employee background checks.
- Provide general support to other Human Resource Team members as needed.
- Maintain positive employee relations by responding to general employee questions.
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with new-employee orientations.
- Maintain confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Assist the manager with HR projects.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the HR Division.
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have at least one year of work experience in a clerical support position.
- You have any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- You have proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
- You have the ability to be a creative, organized, enthusiastic individual with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a fast-changing environment.
The following is desired:
- You have a PHR, SPHR, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- You have a Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with Cornerstone, ADP, and iCIMS software.
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, schools and libraries across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs—High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools and Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC’s rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we- are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the “Apply For This Job Online” button.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.