Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Security, IP Video, Access Control, and Alarm Technician
at Urban Alarm
We are seeking an experienced security system installation technician to take a leadership role in the delivery of our security alarm, access control, and IP video services.
This position is on a track for a DC Master Electrician Limited Low Voltage license. You will be trained and supported in obtaining other DC, MD, and VA licenses.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer virtually unlimited opportunity for growth and advancement. Professionals who demonstrate their abilities to deliver and lead will thrive.
We provide excellent benefits:
- Company contribution to health insurance
- Training and certification
- Company paid LTD / STD Disability insurance
- Company vehicle
- Cell phone service reimbursement
- Employee-owned tool allowance and advances
Training opportunities and licensing support are available in all areas as we are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- The work includes intrusion alarm systems, access control, intercom / telephone entry systems, and IP video surveillance.
- Prepare for installations by reviewing installation orders and gathering equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Plan systems installations by surveying and evaluating the location, identifying alarm installation requirements, and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish the system by installing equipment, running and pulling wiring, programming and calibrating equipment, as well as adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verify system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals as well as identify and correct problems.
- Maintain records by documenting installation.
- Maintain customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices and keeping security information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and working with demonstration products.
- Able to work with the following technologies: DMP, Avigilon IP Video, Brivo Access Control, Honeywell, Videofied, and more.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in the installation and servicing of low-voltage systems in residential and commercial environments; effective communication with customer; system documentation; coordinate deployments with customer and company office. Special consideration will be given to candidates with NICET certifications and other professional licensing and credentials.